Yesterday marked the 30th anniversary of the death of Elvis. Thousands flocked Graceland to pay homage to the "King of Rock". People cried, laid flowers, took pictures, reminisced.
I can still remember the day and where I was and what I was doing when my neighbor yelled from her window that Elvis was dead. One thing I noticed in the pursuing weeks, he was still dead. Elvis, like all of us, was only human and made up of flesh and blood but yet there are still people who look to him as a god, little "g". As a society, we have taken certain celebrities and put them above us. The bible warns us about worshiping idols, see Exodus 20:4.
Elvis can't save us, or any other celebrity for that matter. The only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ, the one true King.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment