Monday, August 27, 2007

We need more Mrs. Greens

One of the things I do, for now, is deliver the Indianapolis Star. One of my customers, who takes the Sunday and Thursday editions, is a sweet lady by the name of Mrs. Green. She lives in a small apartment building at the end of my route. She is usually awake and at the door when I show up. She always says "God Bless you" when I give her paper to her. Last Thursday she gave me a sack of tomatos and also a Gospel track, which had a church address on it. The note that was attached with it said that if I didn't have a home church, she would like me to come to hers. It was a very nice invitation and in better words than I can put it in. The bottom line is, not knowing who I was, she was witnessing and reaching out. All it took was a kind note and a Gospel track (and a few tomatos). You never know who's life you can reach. For me, it let's me know that I can be more like Mrs. Green.

No comments: