The other day I was thinking about all the books I have and decided I needed to start reading again. King Me was one book I recieved on a men's retreat. I started reading it today and I found it to be very educating. Steve Farrar talks about fathers mentoring their boys and leaving behind a legacy. He opens the first chapter in describing haw an evangilist gave up everything to spend time with his son. Now, when I say everything, I mean he gave up his career to help mentor his son in the late teen years. I don't want to give the story away so I'll ask you to check out the book for yourselves.
I have always heard that a boy needs his father. So many times in a broken marriage, the son will rebel because their is no father to lead him in the right direction. I can say this with experience because my boys are struggling. There is a song that says "Boys are the only thing that God can use to make a man".
Dad's, we have a manual to mentor our boys and it's called the Holy Bible. This last year I have shown more effection to my boys and had more one-on-one talks with them than I have, probably, ever. I'm still working. My prayer is that all the dad's will come to God's calling.
We need to take lessons from the greatest Father of all, our Heavenly Father.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment